Are my details safe?
For your peace of mind
This website (as well as our Tour Concierge website and all subdomains within (tourconcierge.co.uk)) is operated by Northern Secrets Ltd. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about:
- who we are,
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
The information we collect will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We are members of the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office (ref. ZA835602).
Who we are
Hoop Tourism / Northern Secrets Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which apply across the EEA and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
On tour bookings via Tour Concierge where we act as the facilitator, we are the ‘processor’ of personal information and the responsibility with that personal data remains with the original booking operator / tour operator or business that is using our services.
The personal information we collect and use
a) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
b) Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- quality assurance
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our customers for the following purposes:
- identify you
- marketing (only after opt-in by you)
- understanding your requirements for any of our services
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our suppliers (e.g. hotels, tour companies etc.)
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on tour booking, purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition, signing up to Tour Concierge etc.). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
WE WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR DATA WITH OTHER COMPANIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. NOR WILL WE SELL OR RENT YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
You will only receive marketing from our own company & brands owned by us. These are Hoop Tourism Ltd & Tour Concierge (and tours offered on this platform).
What information we require & what purposes this is used for
The provision of the following information may be required from you:
- Email address
- Telephone / mobile number
- Business details (for our web & strategy services)
- Hosting / SEO / OTA accounts etc. and other relevant business information
This is to enable us to do the following:
- For tour booking purposes within the Tour Concierge platform
- For any work to be undertaken by Hoop Tourism Ltd
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide any of the above information to us.
Please note: Should you provide us with personal information for someone other than yourself, you are responsible for obtaining their consent prior to sharing this personal information with us.
Please note: Parental consent is required for us to process personal details for any individual who is under 18 years of age, you are responsible for obtaining this consent prior to sharing this personal information with us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- A maximum of 2 years
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Your data is kept in one, some or all of the following locations:
- Encrypted local servers / computers
- Fully GDPR-compliant partners: Microsoft, Zaui Software (incl. Canada equivalent), MailPoet / Siteground / 20i / WordPress.org / Continual.ly
- Our website contact forms are processed via our website email service provider. You can access their privacy statement here.
- We use email marketing software to keep in touch. You can access their privacy statement here.
- We use sms service software to contact you during your tour (for information only). You can access their privacy statement here.
- We use tour booking software to make your reservations and store your booking contact details. You can access their privacy statements: for Zaui Software here.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to the following countries outside of the European Economic Area:
- United Kingdom
Any transfers to these countries will be undertaken on the basis that that country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that country, or an international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection.
For more information on the basis of any non-EEA transfers, our safeguards or Commission details, please contact us as described below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Northern Secrets Ltd
FAO Hoop Tourism
Newcastle upon Tyne
READY TO CHAT?
Whether you are simply looking to refresh your website (or build a whole new tourism web design identity!), optimise your workflow & SEO, add a booking engine (the right one!) or looking for new global sales strategies for your tourism business, speak with us and where we can help.